Friday, August 15, 2008

Condiments?

So everybody collects something. Stamps, Records, Concert Tickets, Comics, lockets from that pretty red-haired girl that sits in front of you (oh wait, that's just Charlie Brown), anyways you get the drift. Well, Chris Harne collects condiment packets.

I found this interesting link over at PopCandy, as Whitney writes:

On his website, The Condiment Packet Gallery, you can view his insane collection of condiment packets: ketchup, mustard, soy sauce, whatever. (Warning: There are so many condiments, the page may take a little while to load.) If you see something missing from Chris' page, you can send him a packet.

On the site, he describes his process in great detail:

"I carefully remove the contents of my packets by slicing open the back along the bottom seam with a sharp blade. I rinse the inside of the packets thoroughly to ensure all traces of sauce are expelled. I then wait until the packets are completely dry before I place them in baseball card cases to preserve them cleanly and safely for many generations."

I'm thinking maybe this guy should follow suit and collect lockets from that cute red-haired girl. ;)

No comments: